Reservezoo

Reservezoo
Thinking of travel.

Monday, January 17, 2011

This Little Duck Shows us the Light.

WallCakes Equals
Awesome.  I think that is the term that I whispered to myself when I opened “WallCakes” shop.   At first glance I was sure I saw a product that was made from porcelain and beautifully decorated.  Upon further investigation I was pleasantly surprised to find that the products are what we call in the art world “mixed media”.   WallCake uses a mixture of plastic, cork, polymer, metal, Polyurethane and a great deal of artistic talent to create beautiful household objects.
decorative switch plate - Gothic Pink textured switchplate
I was particularly attracted to the wall switches that WallCakes lists in her shop.  These are truly little pieces of visual art.  The colours and patterns stand out brightly. I imaged how they would garnish any room in the home.   Although they appear to be two dimensional art pieces they in fact are bas relief sculptures.  They are well textured and the pattern highlights with contrasting colors that emit light in their own means.
decorative switch plate - Mosaic switchplate
WallCakes also lists coasters that look very professionally put together.  I am sure they would hold the attention of any guest who has the opportunity to be invited over for a glass of cheer.  The only problem I would have with the chocolate chip cookie coasters is that my grandchildren might think they are real.  They would be disappointed that they are not eatable.
Coasters OR Magnets - mix 'n match set of 4Sweet Treat - Chocolate Chip Cookie Cork Backed Drink Coaster - Set of 4
All in All WallCakes specializes in these two main products.  A point to make however is that the wall light switch covers can be custom ordered to fit many different light switch cover configurations.  
So if you are thinking of repainting your rooms at home, consider browsing WallCakes shop.  I think you will find the visit enjoyable.
P.S WallCakes is dabbling in making some pendants.  I hope she makes more of these. They rich in texture and colour.
Pretty Pink - Distressed Monogram Pendant

2 comments:

  1. Another beautiful shop with an excellent review. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice review. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete